Stock Photos of Western Ranch Cowboys

Stock Photos of Western Ranch Cowboys
www.saddlescenes.com - click photo for website

Monday, March 14, 2011

The Good News Is...

"I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." It's not in my hands, it's not in Washington DC's hands, it's not in the Pope's hands, and thank God, it's not in the hands of the liberal media, or even the “Save the Planet” people. "He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision." I'm glad I'm on His side.

After 4 days of traveling around Montana with my husband to bull sales, and spending time with other friends and relatives, I was having a hard time maintaining a cheerful, optimistic attitude. Not that we didn't enjoy the people, the country, and the travel. I was just feeling overloaded. I rarely watch TV. I rarely listen to the radio. I try to contain political argument and discussion to places where it could possibly be beneficial. I feel guilty complaining about cold and snow and spring runoff. I remember the years when we didn't have enough.

We were bombarded with all of the above, then to top it off, we were reminded how small we really are in the scheme of things compared to the mighty power of God when He shakes the earth just a little. (Earthquake in Japan)  Pay attention. Someday He's going to turn it "upside down". “How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation;” “For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?”

Years ago when the kids were little, we lived in cowcamp July through mid-November. There was no power, no phone, no mail. The preacher came up once a week and preached to anyone who was interested in attending. Most everyone did. He preached the Bible. The Gospel. “How that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day,” And,

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” It's as simple as that. Salvation is a free gift, available to anyone who realizes they are a sinner bound for hell, and simply places their faith in Christ and the payment He made on our behalf on the cross. “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved.” I often thought that God sent cowboys to work here for a year or two, just to give them a chance to hear the gospel.

Those were good years. There's something to be said for putting the right things in your head. In your kid's heads. People spit out the word “brainwashed” like it's a bad thing. You'd have to live in a total cocoon NOT to be brainwashed. It all depends on what you're washing with. Filth and poison and lies will eventually destroy it and them. Nothing wrong with a good “washing of water by the word.”
 “Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.”

It is well with my soul.

References: 2Ti 1:12, Ps 2:4, Isa 24:1, Heb 2:3, Mk 8:36, 1 Cor 15:3-4, Eph 2:8-9, Ac 16:31, Eph 5:26, Ps 119:165

No comments: