Stock Photos of Western Ranch Cowboys

Stock Photos of Western Ranch Cowboys
www.saddlescenes.com - click photo for website

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Cabin Fever

When we were homeschooling, I always told Clayton that if he would spend half the time working that he did trying to get around it, he'd be done by lunch. Unfortunately, I'm afraid he got that gene from his mother.

This is my absolute least favorite time of year. There are so many things that need my attention--with taxes at the top of the list, and letters to loved ones a close second. Looking back at the other 2 blogs from this time of year, I see that it is a recurring disorder.

Symptoms:  I find all these computer-related projects during winter downtime, then crawl into my computer until spring arrives. Or until tax deadline approaches.

I am determined to be done this week--so Mom & Dad, maybe the first half of March...

I gave one of my pressing projects a lick and a promise yesterday. I skimmed the top off all but my wedding photos from the past year and a half, and tumbled them into a 7 minute video that I can use to update my blog and my site for the time being--despite the fact that half of them are family photos. Families...ranching. The two kind of go hand in hand, so don't look for strictly punchy stuff.

Clayton's www.farmranchpersonnel.com site is going gangbusters, and it's needing pretty frequent maintenance. I plan on building another site for Ray. We've looked at so many different avenues since November, and it's looking more and more like we need to just stay put and keep busy on an independent basis--just stepped up into a longer season.

The neighbor's been calving across the road, and Ray's been helping another neighbor with some sorting. We'll be doing some AI before too long, and probably help at the Leadore Angus bull sale coming up right quick. By then things should be taking on a tinge of green, and breathing life back into the brown landscape.

I enjoyed putting this little video together. I think it's God's way of reminding me that summer is coming, and I need to get back to my mile hikes more than once or twice a week.

 

No comments: